Here’s a potentially interesting website I just came across, LandShare. I don’t know much about it, but in theory it sounds like an interesting idea. Here’s a breakdown from the “About” section of the Australian LandShare website. It is also working in the UK and Canada:
Landshare Australia brings together people who have a passion for home-grown food, connecting those who have land to share with those who need land for cultivating food. The concept of Landshare began in the UK, launched through the River Cottage television program in 2009, and has since grown into a thriving community of more than 57,000 growers, sharers and helpers across the country. Now that Landshare is here in Australia, we welcome you to come and take part in this fantastic initiative.
Landshare is for people who:
- Want to grow vegetables but don’t have anywhere to do it
- Have a spare bit of land they’re prepared to share
- Can help in some way – from sharing knowledge and lending tools to helping out on the plot itself
- Support the idea of freeing up more land for growing
- Are already growing and want to join in the community