Regent’s Park – London, England

October 6, 2012

Here are some images from Regent’s Park in London. I was working in London over the past few days this week. I have some photos from a visit to the Royal Horticultural Society’s Wisley Gardens, which I will post here soon. I will also put up some photos from Paris Jardin des Plantes, where I spent some time today. Off to Gabon (Central West Africa) tomorrow…

Colors are starting to change in some tree foliage.

One thing I appreciate about London is the large number of parks, squares, and so forth.

1. October 6, 2012 10:08:29 pm

Such gorgeous photos. I particularly look forward to seeing your Wisley photos when you’re ready to post them. I went to that garden a lot as a child and I’ve blogged about it on WP.

2. October 7, 2012 10:08:33 pm

I agree with argylesock. When we went to the U.K. for a holiday back in the summer of 2005 we were about 4 years shy of becoming the passionate horticulturalists that we are now and all we cared about was checking out the sights. I WISH we could have delayed our trip till after we got so far into plants that we are now consumed by them because some of the most magnificent gardens and parks are smack bang in the middle of the U.K. and we didn’t even go to see one of them. The closest that we got was into a woods to throw nuts to squirrels. I am going to have to live vicariously through your posts regarding parks etc. in the U.K. Cheers for being the jetsetter that you are and sharing up close and personal horticulture with we non travellers :)

• October 7, 2012 10:08:56 pm

Hey, wait, please don’t think of me as a jetsetter. I just appear to be one but, I assure you, I am not. I’m just someone who is interested in and knowledgeable about plants and who has a job that requires flying around in these jet propelled metal tubes to apply plant knowledge here an there. My rightful place is on earth, far from airplanes, but I haven’t quite been able to settle there yet.

• October 7, 2012 10:08:04 pm

Oops! Sorry for the confusion…it wasn’t meant as an insult, rather you get to travel where most of us can only imagine and you should think of yourself more as a horticultural ambassador for the masses. Is that better? I should choose my words more carefully in future ;). I love reading posts from far flung countries all over the world and know that I am not alone :)

• October 8, 2012 10:08:12 pm

Thanks narf77! Do you have a blog on WP? I’d like to follow it if you do.

• October 8, 2012 10:08:15 pm

Argylesock, I think you and my good friends Narf77 @ serendipity farms have a lot to share with one another. I’m glad to have indirectly made the acquaintance.

• narf77 permalink
        October 8, 2012 10:08:46 pm

Yeh, my blog is called theroadtoserendipity.wordpress.com I would love to see you there and just ring the bell at the gate and I will be down to let you in…a cup of tea/coffee is guaranteed but everything else is up in the air! ;)

• October 9, 2012 10:08:55 am

It turns out that I was already following you! But your posts aren’t coming to me by email.

• narf77 permalink
            October 9, 2012 10:08:32 am

I don’t bother with emails any more. I was missing out and losing posts thanks to WordPress and Blogspot being as useless as each other and a friend said “why don’t you read all of your blogs through rss feed reader?” so I used Googles rss feed reader and haven’t missed a post since :) Easy to do (I am a technophobe) and MUCH more reliable than WordPress etc.! ;)