Passifloraceae, Jamaican lilikoi.

August 22, 2008

I’m growing this on my balcony in Casco Viejo. The flowers just opened up a few days ago, with an incredible scent. I’m hand pollinating them for better fruit set. I think this one has a lot of potential in balcony and rooftop trellis plantings. The fruit is orange and both looks and tastes like a cross between P. edulis and granadilla.

1. December 29, 2008 10:08:33 pm

I live in Hana, Maui.
    This lilikoi rocks.
    Can’t believe how fast it grows.
    No fruit yet from this plant, but looking forward to it.

2. Dean Wolfe permalink
    December 12, 2009 10:08:12 pm

Do you sell seeds of your jamaican lilikoi? If so how can I get some.

• January 4, 2010 10:08:11 pm

I don’t at the moment. Although I can let you know when I do have seed available in the future.

3. Yero r. Kuethe permalink
    December 13, 2009 10:08:10 pm

My name is Yero R. Kuethe. I am a botanist, specialized in
    the Passiflora genus. Those pictures sure are awesome.
    At the moment, I am working on a book to publish all the
    547 different Passiflora species we know, and except our own
    pictures we have taken from Passiflora, we use the pictures
    from other people, with recognized photographer credits of course,
    for fulfilling our database of species, so we are always looking to find Passiflora pictures taken by travelers around the world.
    Well, during my time looking for photos, I found your
    picture of this Passiflora, containing a very nice and interesting species, and I was very excited!
    At the moment I don’t know the species, so I really want to do any further identification.
    So do you give me the permission to use this one for my book?
    I hope to hear from you at your earliest convience.
    Best regards,
    yero r. kuethe
    yrk.botany@gmail.com

• Claudia Johnson permalink
      July 26, 2010 10:08:51 am

How long does it take Jamaican Lillikoi to bear fruit.

4. Susan Bruce permalink
    July 9, 2014 10:08:43 am

My Jamaican lilikoi is a beautiful hedge, but I can’t get it to Bloom. Any ideas?

• August 14, 2014 10:08:59 pm

Hmm, possibly reduce the water. Sometimes this can induce blooming as the plant stresses a bit and is encouraged to produce fruit / seed.

Trackbacks